is a fast-growing Veteran-Owned consulting firm, headquartered in Dunn Loring, VA. Our people are our greatest asset and our company culture is grounded on that belief. We offer challenging and interesting work in a friendly and supportive environment. We deliver best-in-class technical expertise to the Federal Government market through IT professional service contracts.
We offer a competitive salary with a robust Fortune 500 type benefits package: employee assistance, employee adoption, 401K with match, medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability, 15 paid time days off, 10 holidays, unlimited web-based training and up to $5K towards continuing education and/or professional development and more!
Founded in 2004, ApplyLogic is a Veteran Owned Small Business, ISO9001:2008 certified with over $7M annual revenues and 35 employees. Our growth has been recognized in the Washington Technology Fast 50 and the INC. 5000. We have an immediate NOC Analyst
opening in Herndon, VA
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Supporting a Network Operations Center (NOC) operating on a 24/7/365 schedule, NOC staff personnel are assigned to specific shifts to ensure ongoing and consistent schedule coverage
- The NOC Tier 1 Analyst is responsible for monitoring network services and responding to events and alarms
- Support the incident management process, including defining the impact, resolving, and properly escalating incidents.
- Support service requests for a highly critical and dynamic WAN/LAN/MAN.
- Communicate status during incidents and in general to requests from management leadership
- Understand the fundamentals of the OSI model Layers 1-3;
- Understand fundamentals of TCP/IP and the functions of network technologies;
- Possess a working understanding of network security devices, IPSec VPNs, TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, VRF, VLANS, Bandwidth Utilization, and Load Balancers;
- Ability to setup tools and capture, mine and interpret data from Wireshark, Syslog, and SteelCentral to maintain and restore overall network health;
- Candidate must have demonstrable experience in two or more of the following areas:
- Understanding Cisco Switches and Routers
- Understanding Juniper Switches and Routers
- Understanding different firewall technologies
- Using Infoblox to assign, unallocated, and modify IPs and Subnets.
- Ability to read, update and create Visio diagrams for documentation.
- Effectively communicate with other teams for escalation process.
- Working understanding of the different routing protocols.
- Ability to open tickets with vendors.
- Using TACACS to add devices, create and manage access structures and accounts, and run reports
- Using Remedy and Atrium software
Education and Certifications
- 3-5 years of experience
- One of the certifications below
- U.S. Citizenship
- Secret clearance