is a fast-growing Veteran-Owned consulting firm, headquartered in Dunn Loring, VA. Our people are our greatest asset and our company culture is grounded on that belief. We offer challenging and interesting work in a friendly and supportive environment. We deliver best-in-class technical expertise to the Federal Government market through IT professional service contracts.
We offer a competitive salary with a robust Fortune 500 type benefits package: employee assistance, employee adoption, 401K with match, medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability, 15 paid time days off, 10 holidays, unlimited web-based training and up to $5K towards continuing education and/or professional development and more!
Founded in 2004, ApplyLogic is a Veteran Owned Small Business, ISO9001:2008 certified with over $7M annual revenues and 35 employees. Our growth has been recognized in the Washington Technology Fast 50 and the INC. 5000. We have an immediate SOC Engineer
position available in Herndon, VA
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- The Security Analyst position is primarily responsible for actively monitoring security threats and risks involving client infrastructure and end user environment.
- Timely review of security events generated by customer security devices and logs, investigation and triage of related data, and possible escalation to the client.
- The security analyst works within a 24x7x365 team to deliver monitoring services across multiple customers.
- Monitoring and analyzing logs and alerts from a variety of cybersecurity technologies across multiple platforms.
- Assessing the impact of security alerts and network traffic anomalies on customer systems.
- Analyzing and triaging security events received from multiple customers.
- Creating, tracking, and resolving tickets resulting from investigating and triaging security events.
- Responding to technical security questions and concerns from clients.
- Understanding malicious actor attack vectors, techniques, and countermeasures.
- Maintaining awareness of current cybersecurity events, high profile vulnerabilities and compromises, and emerging technologies.
- Conducting research on emerging security threats and their potential impact to clients.
- Knowledge of root causes of malware infections and proactive mitigation
- Knowledge of lateral movement and footholds
- Understanding of data exfiltration techniques.
- Have real world experience analyzing complex attacks and understand TTPs of threat actors
- Experienced with network/host based intrusion analysis, malware analysis, forensics, and cyber threat intel
- Knowledge of advanced threat actors and complex attacks
- Possess excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate to teammates as well as technical and executive level staff
- Familiar with operating systems, network architecture and design, and enterprise SIEM solutions
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience
- DoD 8570/8140 IAT Level I/II or other industry related certifications.
- Prior security analysis experience and/or prior experience working in a SOC environment.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Public Trust, or must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance