is a fast-growing Veteran-Owned consulting firm, headquartered in Dunn Loring, VA. Our people are our greatest asset and our company culture is grounded on that belief. We offer challenging and interesting work in a friendly and supportive environment. We offer challenging and interesting work in a friendly and supportive environment. We deliver best-in-class technical expertise to the Federal Government market through IT professional service contracts.
We offer a competitive salary with a robust Fortune 500 type benefits package: employee assistance, employee adoption, 401K with match, medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability, 15 paid time days off, 10 holidays, unlimited web-based training and up to $5K towards continuing education and/or professional development and more!
Founded in 2004, is a Veteran Owned Small Business, ISO9001:2015 certified with over $7M annual revenues and 35 employees. Our growth has been recognized in the Washington Technology Fast 50 and the INC. 5000. We are seeking a NOC Engineer
in Springfield, VA.
- The NOC Engineer will be responsible for monitoring network services and responding to events and alarm, supporting the incident management process, including defining the impact, properly escalating, and resolving incidents. In addition, the engineer will support service and change requests for a highly critical and dynamic WAN/LAN/MAN. The Engineer will plan and execute IOS upgrades to NW devices. The NOC operates 24/7/365, the NOC will be staffed with shift schedules and the candidate will a member of a team working one of those shifts. The NOC will collectively work to maintain the Network to meet performance and stability goals allowing our customer to meet our business needs.
- The shifts available are 6am - 6pm (daytime) and 6pm - 6am (night) 4 days on 3 days off on a rotating schedule.
Experience and Education
- Demonstrable experience in four or more of the following areas:
- Troubleshooting, upgrading, and implementing Cisco Switches and Routers
- Troubleshooting, upgrading, and implementing Juniper Switches and Routers
- Troubleshooting, upgrading, and implementing F5 devices.
- Troubleshooting and writing FW rules, NATs, and IPSec communications
- Understanding of the OSi model Layers 1-3. In addition, possess a working knowledge of TCP/IP and the functions of NW technologies.
- Working understanding of NW security devices, IPSec VPNs, TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, VRF, VLANS, Bandwidth Utilization, and Load Balancers.
- Ability to setup tools and capture, mine and interpret data from Wireshark, Syslog, Netscout, and SteelCentral to maintain and restore overall network health.
- Candidate must demonstrate understanding of Incident, Change, Problem and Request management practices.
- The individual will work with multiple teams to resolve incidents in the production systems.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities while working independently will also be required.
- Minimum 4-6 supporting Routing/Switching/FW/Load balancing systems.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- ITIL v3
- CISSP and Sec+ Preferred