is a fast-growing Veteran-Owned consulting firm, headquartered in Dunn Loring, VA. Our people are our greatest asset and our company culture is grounded on that belief. We offer challenging and interesting work in a friendly and supportive environment. We deliver best-in-class technical expertise to the Federal Government market through IT professional service contracts.
We offer a competitive salary with a robust Fortune 500 type benefits package: employee assistance, employee adoption, 401K with match, medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability, 15 paid time days off, 10 holidays, unlimited web-based training and up to $5K towards continuing education and/or professional development and more!
Founded in 2004, ApplyLogic is a Veteran Owned Small Business, ISO9001:2015 certified with over $7M annual revenues and 35 employees. Our growth has been recognized in the Washington Technology Fast 50 and the INC. 5000. We have an immediate Senior Cyber Security Engineer
position available in Laurel, MD
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The Senior Security Engineer
will work with the Infrastructure and Engineering Staff to incorporate tools and best practices that ensure control requirements are addressed to promote a robust security posture for the communications aspects of applications in both a private on premises data centers and public cloud offerings.
- Assist in establishing and implementing a Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) capability with integrated security controls
- Monitor and track security-related defects and resolutions
- Assist in the migration of systems from current environment into the hybrid infrastructure while ensuring the security and integrity of the system.
- Provides expertise with Federal Requirements related to special classifications of data especially Title 13 and 26, FISMA, FedRAMP. NIST, etc
- Provide expertise and leadership to ensure implementation of SoS
- Acquisition, installation, maintenance, and usage of the Government Enterprise networks.
- Engineering solutions within multiple Cloud Service Providers, most importantly AWS.
- Experience working in AWS via the CLI and management console. Knowledge and experience configuring Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs)
- Ability to automate the development of security controls including firewall rules and policy and IPS policy.
- Operations for Cisco ASA firewalls, routers and switches and the ability to formulate access control lists via the Command Line Interface
- Enterprise level security hardening for Windows, Linux, iOS operating systems and SQL, Oracle, and RDS database solutions in accordance with Center for Internet Security (CIS) and Security Technical Implementation Technical Guides (STIGs)
- COOP Planning and implementation
- Development and implementation of vulnerability remediation strategies
- Implementation PKI within an enterprise
- Experience with automating server configuration for security including logging, key changes, and system hardening.
- Expert knowledge of network routing and switching including Multiprotocol Layer Switching (MPLS)
- Deep technical understanding of operating systems, network architecture and design, Active Directory (AD) application log consumables, and systems design
- Expertise in encryption, key management and cryptology
- Experience with performing threat modelling, risk analysis, root cause analysis, risk identification, and risk mitigation
- Experience planning and implementing secure networking practices such as: application segmentation, network segmentation, NAC and other access control testing/validation, updating access control SOPs
- Ability to configure and develop an enterprise SIEM solution including signature tuning, development of correlation rules, reports, and alarms
- Deep understanding of Enterprise Architecture Standards such as the Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DODAF), Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), the Open Group Architecture Framework
- Experience implementing Risk Management Framework (NIST 800-37), Security Controls as described in NIST 800-35, and the Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA) operating standards and applicable guidelines (risk profiling, control selection, control assessment, control monitoring)
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and 14 years of experience
- CISSP, CCNP, AWS SA, MCSE preferred
- U.S. Citizenship
- Public Trust, or must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance